To provide a sense of scale of the test, 3.33 billion transactions is equivalent to:
- 15.5 times the all time historical trading volume of bitcoin since 2008
- 16 months of trading volume for the NASDAQ exchange
- 14 years of trading volume for the London Stock Exchange (LSE)
- 231 hours of trading volume for global Visa transactions
The system used 4 nodes, each with IBM 4 x86 processors. Each processor was interconnected by a high-speed network with high-speed switches.
The system was then subsequently demonstrated to IBM, SAP, AWS, MIIT (Ministry of Industry and Information Technology), numerous universities and research institutions such as Peking University, banks such as PBOC and ICBC, and government agencies such as MIIT and local governments. The system has been in public display since May 2017 at Guiyang Big Data Expo.
The system has also been independently tested by two parties:
(1) MIIT. A one-week test to examine the code used in the system (i.e., white-box testing).
(2) The clearing results were independently tested and evaluated by the hosting institution.